Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Stay Warm for Less!


          [Photo Credit--www.barneys.com]                              [Photo Credit--www.jcrew.com]

As the weather gets more bitter and the winds start to pick up, stay warm with a cozy knit hat. No matter how many layers you wear or how many scarves you wrap around your neck, you won't be as warm as you could be. I never used to be a hat-wearer, but after my parents bought me a chunky knit hat, I am obsessed with how well they actually work. Walking back from my math class at 8:15 PM in the dark, freezing cold night, I am thankful for my hat keeping my head, forehead, and ears warm. 

While there are many different hat options, neutral colors can go with any outfit, but colored hats will add that extra oomph to your outfit. To stay warm for less, find hats that look cute, but don't break the bank. Browse stores with pricey hats, remember the style, and find a lower-priced version of it. Some great stores for lower-priced versions of clothing and accessories are Express, The Limited, J.Crew, and Gap, to list a few. 

This week's Stay Warm for Less features Tracy Watts's Hand Knit Toque Hat, coming in at a $150 pricetag. For a similar look but for much cheaper, check out J.Crew's Metallic Aran Isle Hat for only $30!! Don't spend more than you have to this winter--staying warm and looking chic is possible even in the coldest of days.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails