Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful?



December 9, 2009

December 10, 2009

Yesterday morning I woke up to 2 inches of snow and pouring rain. While the rain turned the snow to slippery slush and the wind blew through my clothes and stung my skin, it looked like winter was finally here. The field was blanketed in white, the trees were perfectly frosted, and the tops of buildings and dorms were lined with snow. A cup of peppermint hot chocolate would have been the cherry on top.

However, by the end of the day, the plow had cleared the streets and sidewalks and the rain had officially made the snow slush, if it hadn't already melted. "More snow tonight?" we all thought...well, we couldn't have been more wrong.

The morning of Day 2 of "winter" had clear, blue skies with sun and a fresh green field. Only a couple of piles of snow were the only traces of winter. Maybe I'm just not used to this New England weather, but I'm definitely missing Seattle weather--where the grey skies don't budge for months and there is constant rain or a phase of snow. All of this unpredictability makes it hard to plan ahead and decide on what to wear in the morning! I guess I can be thankful for no rain today since my boots are still drying and my umbrella is out-of-order thanks to the cruel wind. Though I do love the snow, I'm hoping I don't see any more of it until I am landed safely back at home and fully equipped with gloves, scarves, and dry boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails