Friday, January 1, 2010

In with the New: Welcome Twenty-ten




[Photo Credit--thetrendsetter.files.wordpress.com]
After completing college applications, graduating from high school, falling in love, and finishing a first semester at college, another year has come and gone. Although I just turned nineteen, I still remember the feeling of turning 18, and even 17 for that matter. Now as I watch my sister grow (she will be 18 this summer!), I wonder where all the time has gone. I even remember when the year was 1999, and my family stood in our living room watching the ball drop in Times Square, ringing in the new millenium. 10 years later and here we are, wondering where we will be in another 10 years. While 2009 flew by, I am grateful for a new year. 2009 had its ups and downs, but I will apply the lessons I've learned to this new decade. Sometimes I just want time to pass quickly, but when I am with those I love, I want time to stop, even if just for a minute. It feels as if there is little time to enjoy the present. While I constantly think about the past and future, I need to learn to slow down and enjoy the moment that I am in. One of my resolutions is to enjoy the present, because time isn't going to slow down anytime soon.

Green light: Take action on things that you want to do. Try new foods, listen to new music, watch new movies, meet new people. Make that leap, head first. Try something out of your comfort zone.

Yellow light: Write a thought every day, burn scented candles in colorful votives, listen to music that makes you happy. Reflect on the past, the people you've met, the lessons you've learned, and where you want to go.

Red light: Live in the moment. Don't think about what is for dinner that night, enjoy the afternoon. With everything just passing us by, stop to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails