Monday, January 4, 2010

Living on the Edge


[Photo Credit--www.scene-stealers.com]



[Photo Credit--http://featurepreachers.files.wordpress.com]

This movie is on the top of my Must-See list! In 1974, Philippe Petit walked from one of the World Trade Center buildings to the other...and back..and then danced...all while 1,350 feet above earth. This film follows Petit as he walks on a wire suspended in the air. The Twin Tower walk was his claim to fame as he left people in awe and shock as they stared up at the balancing, talented Frenchman. Petit also wrote a book that I want to read entitled Man on Wire. Because of my fear of heights, fear of death by falling, lack of grace and balance and strength, inability to concentrate on crossing a thin wire while suspended a thousand feet above the ground, etc. etc...I would never be able to do what he did. I would be paralyzed with fear. Philippe Petit has an amazing talent, and I can't wait to see and read about him and his amazing feats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails