Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Demons Are Closing In On Every Side

[Photo Credit -www.paulignatius.files.wordpress.com] 

Happy Halloween!! I can't believe October is almost over - I remember counting down the days until October. The days leading up to Halloween are always so much fun. The leaves turn different shades of orange, yellow, and red. Everyday I have to stop the person I'm walking with and make them look at the trees. You think I'd be over it by now, but the leaves won't be there for long, so I'm not taking them for granted. 

It's always so hard to figure out what I want to dress up as for Halloween. I usually don't think about it until the week before, or in this Halloween's case, the day of. 2 days before, I decided to be a teenage dream. Not Katy Perry, mind you. A teenage dream. That way I would be able to wear jeans, boots, leather, and a silver cuff. But then I realized I wanted to dress up more. Hours before going to the nearest mall to pick up last minute items, I had an ah-ha! moment - I would be Cleopatra! All I needed were gold jewels and a white dress and heavy eye makeup. Donning false eyelashes, silver metallic nail polish, a snake bracelet, a wreath crown, and more eyeliner than I would EVER normally wear, I have somewhat transformed into an Egyptian Queen...or at least an Egyptian Princess. Hah.

Once October is over, it will finally be the best month - November! Birthday fun and Thanksgiving yum! And the leaves will still be a rainbow of warm colors. I'm ready for you, November, bring on all the new adventures I know you have in store for me. 

Have a Happy Halloween and be safe trick-or-treating!

Currently listening to: Haunted by T. Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails