Friday, October 29, 2010

You Don't Know What You Don't Know

[I took this in the summer, it's my favorite time of day]
 In less than a week I will no longer be in my teens. Birthdays (and New Years) always gets me thinking about the past. What can I learn from the mistakes I've made? How can I take my past misadventures and turn them into future successes? A lot has happened in the past year, and I've turned to music more than ever before. The right songs have gotten me through hard months, have been the background music to celebrate good moments, and have helped pass the time on long train rides. Song lyrics are sometimes like horoscopes...eerily spot on. 

Songs that I'll officially dedicate as my Year Nineteen soundtrack: (there's so many more that should be on here, but...naturally, I'll have neglected to list them)

1. Teenage Dream - K. Perry
2. This Love - The Veronicas
3. Everything Tegan and Sara
4. Club Can't Handle Me - David Guetta
5. Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus...unabashedly
6. Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
7. I Don't Know What to Do - Pete Yorn and Scarlett Jo
8. Meet Me Halfway - B.E.P.
9. David Gray 
10. Gavin Degraw
11. John Coltrane
12. Mean - T. Swift
13. Last Kiss - T. Swift
14. Glee Soundtrack...faithfully
15. Sweet Dreams - Beyonce
16. Johnny Cash
17. Telephone - Lady Gaga
18. Mandy Moore...Wild Hope album only
19. Tik Tok - Ke$ha [well, let's be honest, the entire Animal soundtrack]

These songs will come with me into the next phase of my life, but for now they've served their purpose and deserve to be duly noted. While I usually don't like getting older, I'm eagerly/anxiously/impatiently looking forward to leaving 19 in the past. Guess I'm looking forward to looking back on these days. :)

Currently listening to: Superman - Lazlo Bane

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails