Friday, October 22, 2010

Instead of Treated, We Get Tricked

[Photo Credit - marthastewart.com]
Halloween is just one of those times of the year where you really want to go all out. Maybe it's the weather, there's a very Halloween-y feel. I remember hanging spider lights around the door frame, helping my dad put the inflatable ghost up in the yard, draping cotton webs from the light fixtures (with the plastic spiders, of course), and the fruit punch with fog (dry ice) coming out of it.

While Halloween is so much fun to prepare for (thank you, Martha Stewart), figuring out a Halloween costume has always been so hard for me. I never know what to be, and there's only one night to dress up, so you want to get it right. A couple of costumes that really stood out was when I was Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Posh Spice. I stood on a table while my mom hemmed my puffy yellow princess dress. And of course for Posh Spice, I wore a sassy white jacket, which I would never wear out in public again, and Sketchers electric blue 3 inch platforms...which I wore to school every. single. day. I was also Josie from Josie and the Pussycats, fully equipped with a cardboard guitar spray painted black with glitter and a head microphone. I think I also attempted to be a witch one year, but green face paint is never a good idea, unless your Elphaba.

Being in school, I've kind of lacked the Halloween spirit...I guess it's just midterm time and creativity/energy/everything has been drained from every ounce of being in my body. This year, I want to go to a pumpkin patch, go apple picking, go trick-or-treating (because you're never too old), and think up a Halloween costume that tops a Disney Princess and Victoria Beckham. Are costume repeats acceptable?

Autumn weather also makes for perfect movie time. To add to my list: Double, Double, Toil and Trouble; Practical Magic; Hocus Pocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails