Friday, March 25, 2011

Leaving On a Jet Plane


Plane ride 2010
The world looks so peaceful from way up high

After having flown back and forth across the country many times and to different parts of the world, I have learned a thing or two about traveling. I spend a good amount of time at airports, whether I am sitting around waiting or sprinting to different terminals. As much as I love to travel, sometimes it can be a hassle.
Here are some things I've learned along the way...

...Luggage
  • Carry-on when flying domestic (or whenever possible) - you won't have to wait in long lines at baggage claim
  • For international flights, it is worth checking your bag in because usually you are bringing more clothes and have a larger luggage, which is a pain to not only drag around the airport, but to find overhead space on the plane 
  • If you're checking in baggage, have an extra set of clothes and toiletries with you in case the airline loses your bag
...What to Wear
  • Large scarf or shawl that can be used as a makeshift blanket - airplanes can get cold!
  • While I want to be as comfortable as possible on planes, I try to avoid wearing sweatpants...find pair of jeans that will be wearable for many hours
  • Clothes that don't show wrinkles or wrinkle in the first place
  • Shoes that you can walk fast/run in...for when you're flight runs late and you need to rush to your connecting flight
...Entertainment
  • Always have at least 1 book on hand...there's so much time waiting around/being in the air, it's the perfect time to catch up on "fun" reading
  • Also, a good time to catch up on magazines!
  • If you're going to be using your phone to text friends or browse the internet while you wait, make sure you have your phone charger with you - it's so inconvenient to have a dead phone when you need to make a phone call after landing
  • The airport is a prime place for people-watching
...Food
  • Chewy bars or fruit are perfect for carry-on snacks...traveling really takes it out of you
  • Pick up a water at the Convenient Store after passing through security - flying is super dehydrating
...Random
  • Check-in and print your boarding pass the night before your flight, it saves so much time and prevents the frustration of having to wait in lines
Every time I travel I learn something new. I'm constantly trying to figure out the quickest way to get through security, or how to pack the right amount of clothing for a trip. I usually always have at least one struggle moment at the airport, but as long as I don't miss my flight, I'm good to go.

1 comment:

  1. Love these travel tips :) I so agree with you on the large scarf/shawl...happy travels <3

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails