Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In the Jazz Age


{flapper dress for dinners, parties, fun}

I recently saw Woody Allen’s new movie, Midnight In Paris. Within minutes of the opening credits, I was already in love. Just as Owen Wilson’s character, Gil had nostalgia for the past, I, too, would want to be transported to Paris in the 20’s. Is there really a better time period? Jazz, literature, romance…all beautiful things in an era.

Every second of the film oozed magic. Whether it was when Hemingway and Fitzgerald were having a casual conversation, when Gil found his way to a jazz lounge, or when Picasso was agonizing over one of his paintings. Because I can’t physically transport to the jazz age, I stocked up on Fitzgerald books for the time being. Just like movies, novels and short stories can also sweep you off your feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails