Monday, November 8, 2010

Snow for Days

[Photo Credit - ronsaari.com]
Every year, the debate about 'when Christmas music can start being played' always arises. After Halloween, before Thanksgiving, immediately after Turkey Day, mid-December, and so forth. I think it's a personal choice, but I am wary about getting burned out from holiday music overplay...then again, I don't think that's possible. I love the holidays. All morning I stared out the windows of the train back to school, watching snow flurries form a blanket over the ground. In New York, decorations are already starting to go up, and it's one of the best times of the year. 

After Thanksgiving, the big tree in NYC will be lit. Bows will be wrapped around buildings, snowflake lights will dangle from street lamps, and the City will sparkle. I always enjoy watching the people who are watching the people ice skating in the Rockefeller Center (which I have done, and is beyond magical). 

[Photo Credit - www.commons.wikimedia.org]
New York City holidays are definitely something to experience. Although, as much as the City will always be one of those places for me, nothing beats home. My hometown has the best holiday decorations on "Snowflake Lane." One winter we got so much snow that school was canceled for days and I literally sat in bed, ate, and watched Grey's Anatomy from start to finish. (That's when I officially became hooked.) 

Anyways, currently listening to...Christmas music. I caved. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails