Monday, November 22, 2010

Sweet and Simple



I'm such a foodie - especially during the holidays. I enjoy looking through cookbooks and marking pages of meals and desserts that I would one day want to make. During the year I'm not home enough to make new meals. Inspired by the holidays and music medleys (which I sometimes think are more interesting than regular songs), I wanted to mash-up two of my favorite things: milkshakes and peppermint candy canes.

A dessert in a drink, peppermint milkshakes are simple and easy to make.



I put candy canes in a plastic bag and used a meat hammer to crush them. Put 3 ice cream scoops in a blender and add a tablespoon of peppermint syrup. If you don't want to use syrup, you can also just add the crushed peppermint into the mix (I did both).

Blend for a couple of seconds so the drink will have a thick consistency. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. 


What you'll use:
*3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
*1 tablespoon of Torani Peppermint syrup
* 1/4 cup of milk
*Peppermint candy canes
*Whipped cream
*Blender



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails