Monday, April 11, 2011

Crostini Cravings


Before class every morning I check my favorite blogs and read a couple pages from the New York Times and LA Times. One of the blogs I frequent is Cupcakes and Cashmere. I was inspired by one of her posts that included a recipe for Pea Pesto Crostini. It was a short and simple recipe, and I ate almost half of the plate. I warmed the sliced french baguette in the oven for about 6 minutes after having brushed olive oil on each side - warming the bread will give it a nice crunch. This recipe is perfect for a quick snack or an appetizer to dinner (I made it for the latter). I used 3/4 of the french roll and ended up with a lot of pesto left over, but it will taste delicious on a turkey and cheese sandwich with sundried tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails