Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Could Have Danced All Night


Photo Credit - strand-theatre-shelbyville.org
Photo Credit - sott.net

Photo Credit - classicforever.blogspot.com

Photo Credit - eee.typepad.com

Photo Credit - fashionencyclopedia.com

Photo Credit - forums.ilambretta.com

Even though I am buried up to my neck in work and projects, I have been making time for personal reading and the occasional YouTube clip of my favorite old movies. I am a sucker for romance and old love stories. Oklahoma!, Come September, An Affair to Remember, and Sabrina, to name a few, are some of my absolute favorite movies. These movies have a timeless elegance. I admire the way the scenes were shot, the filmmaking techniques and development, and the pure, raw talent of the film stars. It's such a breath of fresh air just watching these movies and imagining what life was like back then. And of course, being interested in fashion, style in the 50's was stunning and classic. I want to wear heels and sundresses all day every day. Things just seemed so proper...chivalry definitely wasn't dead back then. I also love how Rock Hudson towers over Gina Lollobrigida in the 3rd picture.

P.S. I would love to be vespa-ing around Italy right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails